Property available for...
Long term lets (over 1 month)
Short term breaks (4 days or fewer)
Holiday lets (1 to 4 weeks)
Type of holiday
Walking & Hiking
Situated in a quiet vineyard hamlet yet just a 15 minute drive to the Bordeaux tramway.
The holiday house, in the grounds of a former wine chateau, is comfortable and tastefully furnished with exposed beams and stone walls.
Bordeaux vineyards. 18th century farmhouse in 2 acre gardens.Heated pool, 6 person hot tub, fast internet connection, friendly donkeys, exotic chickens.
3 UNESCO World Heritage Sites within 30 minutes: Bordeaux , St Emilion & Blaye.
Bordeaux airport 25 mins.
Description of Interior
• 2 of the bedrooms have queen size beds and en-suite shower rooms with toilets.
• Flat screen TV.
• Fast 24 hour wireless broadband connection
• English satellite TV.
• IPod Speaker.
• Raclette set – for meat, cheese & vegetables
• The air conditioning is a portable unit.
Garden and Exterior
A children's paradise! There is lots of space for children to play in the large gardens.
• Animals including 2 friendly donkeys, angora goats, exotic chickens, guinea fowl, hedgehogs and other wildlife
• A 3 metre trampoline with safety net, swings, slide.
• Ping-pong and table football in the games room.
Pool. The owners may use the pool from time to time: early morning, etc.; but generally guests have exclusive use.
Aquitaine / Dordogne / Pyrenees-Atlantiques
• Prehistoric caves with etchings from 42,000 years ago at the caves of Pair non Pair.
• 100s of chateaux for wine tasting.
• A 15 minutes drive to the Bordeaux tramway system - the best way to get around Bordeaux.
• Notre Dame De Meslier- 2 minutes. Shrine to the Virgin Mary where miracle cures were said to have taken place as at Lourdes.
• Chateaux visits.
• Gourmet restaurants & inexpensive bistros providing good home cooking
• Browse the local markets for fresh produce - cheeses, seafood…
• Walking & cycling.
• Fishing in the nearby lakes.
There is also a corner shop within walking distance.
The nearest village for shopping is Peujard, a 3 minute drive, and the nearest small town St Andre de Cubzac, 5 minutes with several supermarkets.
Bordeaux is 25 minutes away.
The Atlantic coast - one hour:
A lively seaside town on the bay of Arcachon with many restaurants, shops, a Casino, a fisherman's and sailing port that can harbour almost 2500 boats, and the choice of a large variety of sports and cultural pastimes.
Situated in the heart of the Médoc peninsula, Lacanau is both an immense beach (more than 14 km) on the Atlantic coast and a vast 2000 ha lake.
Dune of Pyla
The highest dune in Europe. This dune reaches a height of 107m. At this summit, the view is spectacular with the ocean coast, the inlet of the Bay, the large pine forest and, when the sky is very clear, the Pyrenees.
More than 13 kilometres of long, golden, beautiful and wild beaches. Eat al fresco in small village of restaurants between the dunes and the pine forest.